Online Roulette is a very popular gambling game in Canada and all over the
world. With the advancement of technology and the introduction of online casinos, roulette online has increased in popularity even further. This is because the game is very entertaining. Not only that, but the players have the opportunity to win huge cash prizes. However, despite its popularity all over the world, a lot of people have no idea how this game is played. This is where we come in. Top 10 Canada Casinos is here to guide you through all the steps.
This page is dedicated to teaching you all you need to know about the game of roulette. We will take you through the history of roulette, the rules of the games as well as the tips and tricks for beginners. Remember, it does not matter if you are an experienced roulette player or a newbie, the information contained on this page will you greatly.
The online roulette table has the minimum as well as the maximum bet. Roulette has many betting options which define the payout rates.
- Straight Up Bet is when you bet on a specific number
- Split Bet is when you bet on two numbers
- Corner Bet is when you bet on four numbers
- Dozens Bet is when you bet on 12 consecutive numbers, either on red or black or on number columns, etc.
As mentioned above, this is purely a game of chance. When you know how to play the game and the bets to make, you will simply watch the wheel spins and keep your fingers crossed.
Free Vs Real Money Roulette
Most online casino games give players the option of them for free and for real money. However, regardless of the fact, you choose to play free or for real money, the fun and excitement of the game remain the same.
Why Players choose to play Roulette for Real Money
Below are the top reasons why players chose to play online casino roulette for real money. Not that these are the only reasons, but they are the top ones.
- When playing online roulette for real money, you have a wider selection of games to choose from.
- Playing online roulette for real money allows to unlock all the bonuses and promotions tat come with the game. As a result, just by playing of real money, players get to get a whole more form the game. Furthermore, they get to experience the full online roulette experience.
- As you play online roulette for real money, you get the chance to be rewarded with loyalty schemes. Not only this, as players can also be offered online casino VIP programs in the roulette payouts if they play for real money.
Why Players Choose To Play Free Roulette
Just as there are reasons why players choose to play online roulette for real money, there are also reasons why they also to play free roulette.
- When it comes to playing online roulette free, players can enjoy the games with no setup, no registration and not even any downloads either.
- Playing online casino games free, means that players can play anonymously without any information about themselves being added online.
- With free roulette , players can practise their skills and strategies with unlimited game time.
Online Roulette Variations
Roulette comes in many variations, including Mobile Roulette. This applies to both online casinos and land-based casinos. Listed below are the popular roulette variations.
This is the classic version with a wheel that comes with 37 pockets. The pockets are numbers from 0 to 36. Also, it has 10 possible betting options.
This Roulette version comes with 30 pockets, with the extra one numbered 00.
The layout differs in this version. In fact, the numbers, as well as the odds for the punter, are much higher than in American Roulette.
This has 37 pockets just like traditional roulette.
This is the latest Roulette version and has grown to be very popular in many online casinos. In this variation, you play against a real dealer. This is because the gameplay streams in real time from a special studio.
Players should note that all of the Roulette variations mentioned above have their own advantages and disadvantages. For that reason, it’s important that players try the demo versions of each of the versions before they choose a favorite. This ensures that they are familiarised with all the variations first before playing for real money.
How To Win At Online Roulette for Real Money
Playing online for real money, means that you want to win at the game. That is why we have also included a how to win at roulette selection in this guide. And that being said, if you want to win the roulette table, just follow these simple easy steps.
- Always make sure that you read the rules the rules before you play.
- Play roulette free before you play for real money
- Always know the difference between the roulette variations.
- Enjoy the game as you play
Best Online Roulette Useful Tips and Tricks
We have already mentioned that Roulette is a game of luck and for that reason; you can’t really make a betting strategy. However, there are a few tips and tricks that you can put into play to make gameplay easier as well as increase your odds.
- The first tip is that you bet on the very same number that your opponent has already bet on
- You will also need to watch the dealer. Most dealers tend to put the ball on the wheel with the same angle every time. As a result, you can actually predict where the ball will land. However, note that this only works at a real brick and mortar casino
- Before you make real money bets, always play Roulette for free. This allows you to get enough training as well as understand the best. As a result, you will make reasonable bets
- We recommend that you play at a reliable and secure casino. This ensures that your personal and transactional information is safe and secure. Also, it guarantees that you receive your payouts without delay. Please go through our real money online casinos reviews to find out the best casinos to play at
Reasons to Choose and Play Online Roulette
- Thanks to technology advancements, you don’t have to leave the house in order to enjoy a game of Roulette. Now you can play Roulette online and on the go with mobile Roulette. With most of the casinos online, you don’t even need to download any casino software. In fact, you get to enjoy instant play from your browser.
- Also, there are different versions of Roulette as we have already mentioned above. Because of that, you have the choice of playing the variation that suits your tastes and preferences better.
- Furthermore, playing online guarantees you of playing the newest versions or upgraded versions of roulette. Casino software providers are constantly improving their software and so, you’re guaranteed of the best gameplay and user experience, with better graphics and animations.
- Lastly, you can play your favorite Roulette game anytime that you want, as long as you have an internet connection. This is because online casinos are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Even if you are on your coffee break in the office, while stuck in a traffic jam or on the bus back from work, you can play online Roulette. Remember earlier we mentioned mobile Roulette? Yes, that means you can play anytime, anywhere.
Online Roulette in Canada
Playing Roulette, (all versions) is quite easy. This is because Roulette uses a Random Number Generator (RNG) which ensures that each spin is random and independent of the previous or the next. In essence, the RNG ensures that gameplay is fair and spins are not pre-programmed.
Online Roulette is so entertaining and a great way to pass time. For that reason, it has become a favorite among Canadians.
Canadian players should also note that even though the rules of Roulette are the same, the design may differ. This is because each casino software developer embeds their own exclusive design and interface. Usually, this is unique and so, suits different players’ preferences. Online roulette in Canada is offered by software developers such as:
All the online casino software developers listed above produce legit and decent games that have made them favorites all over the world.
For those that are looking for simplicity as well as dynamic gameplay, we really recommend that you try out Mini Roulette Online that has been developed by Playtech.
We also know that there are players who have a more sophisticated taste. For that reason, we also have recommendations for those that like luxury graphics, a comfortable interface, and a realistic atmosphere. You can go ahead and play European Roulette Gold, developed by NetEnt. There is also Roulette Pro from NetEnt to excite you.
Like any other online casino game, players can use strategy to play. Playing roulette online, players can use a number of strategies to gain advantage play. They can also use these roulette strategies to come with bet sizes as they play.
Types of Online Roulette Strategies
The Martingale Strategy
The Martingale revolves around players doubling up their bets after they have encountered a loss. This player will do gain all their losses after they win. Basically, the strategy requires that player bets on a single colour and they should continue to do until they win. In this case, recover from their losses.
- Grand Martingale
The Grand Martingale is another version of the Martingale that players can use to place on online roulette. This is strategy works just the same as the Martingale; however the difference is one the money that you use to place a bet. Therefore, with this strategy, every time that you double your bet, you need to add an extra amount that is equal to your initial bet.
- Reverse Martingale
As you can already tell by the name, this is the reverse of the above-mentioned Martingale. Using this method requires that you raise your bets when you win and reducing them when you lose. The idea around the reverse Martingale is to capitalize on your winning streak, and play it steady during the time that the game is not in your favour.
- The D’Alembert Strategy
While the Martingale and the Reverse Martingale capitalise on both your wins and losses, it is not eh case with the D’Alembert strategy. With this strategy all that you have to do is either increase of decrease your bets by one. If you lose, you increase by one, and if you win, you decrease it by one. It is much safer than doubling.
- The Fibonacci Roulette Strategy
If you are one who loves to play with numbers when gaming, then the Fibonacci Roulette strategy should be the strategy that you should be using.
This strategy is more concerned with the way that you bet. this means that players will need to place their bets in a sequence. That being said, the Fibonacci states that every number after the first two is the sum of the preceding ones. To illustrate, 1+1 is 2, 1+2 is 3, 2+3 is 5, 3+5 is 8 and of the sort.
- James Bond Roulette Strategy
Ian Fleming came up with strategy based on the famous James Bond character. With this strategy, players will need at least C$200 to begin the gameplay. What you need to do is place a bet of C$140 on the high numbers. This is numbers 19-36. Then you also place a C$50 on number 13 to 18 or the low numbers. Thereafter, you place a C$10 on 0 for insurance. What Ian wanted to do is come up with a fool proof strategy. Such that no matter where the ball lands, you will win regardless.
Should I use Strategies in Roulette Online?
Strategies in online roulette casino games can be tricky. They can help at times, they may not help. However, they have no effect on the house that game has. That being said, the choice on whether to use a strategy in online roulette, depends on the player.
Strategies in online casino roulette can help players to place their bets as well how to place their bets. However, they have no effect on the overall outcome of the game. Therefore, players should bear in mind that even if they use strategies, the roulette odds will not change.
Roulette Game History
There is no record on the internet or anywhere else of when roulette was exactly invented. However, there are a couple of theories concerning the origins of the game. Monks are connected with all the theories. In fact, there is an official theory which says that the game was invented by a French scientist by the name Blaise Pascal. It’s said that he invented roulette when he was taking a retreat in a monastery in the year 1955.
Another theory states that the game was invented by some Dominican monks. It is said that they made the first roulette wheel basing it on the old Tibetan game.
There is even another theory that says that some random monks invented roulette. This was when they got bored with the monotonous life they lived in a monastery and so, decided to bring some fun.
Anyway, we do know that the first real roulette was played in a French casino. In fact, ‘roulette’ means ‘small wheel’, which points out the French roots of the game. After the game became popular in France, it quickly spread to England, our beloved Canada and the rest of the world. Now, gamblers from every part of the world love the game and play roulette online and in land based casinos too.
How to Play Online Roulette
Roulette is mainly a casino game of chance. That means that winning at roulette mainly depends on your luck. However, there are still a few rules that you must know in order to increase your odds as well as chances of winning. When you play online roulette for real money or in a demo version, you should know these few rules so that you get the advantage.
First thing is first, you must know about the roulette wheel. The roulette wheel has 37 slots, with numbers from 0 to 30 on the slots. When playing the game, players will make their bets and the croupier will put a small ball into the roulette wheel. The small ball will then land on any one of the numbers when the wheel stops. Read the How To Play Roulette Guide for more information on how to play the game.
Play Online Roulette & Win Real Money
As you may already know by now, each game of Roulette offers its own unique gameplay. This is despite the fact that the rules of the game are the same. You are guaranteed an everlasting impression when you play either a simplified Roulette version or a gorgeous, lovely Roulette simulator.
Playing Roulette for real money at any of the casinos recommended on this website guarantees you of winning real cash. Simply choose the casino that you like and sign up, then make a deposit and start enjoying your favorite version of Roulette.
Play the best popular Canada Online Casino Games
Online Roulette FAQ
What do I need to get started at Online Roulette?
To begin your online roulette gameplay, you will need a device to play on. You need to make sure that you area able to connect to the internet using this device. It can be either your smartphones, tablet or desktop. You will also need a trusted online casino to play at as well as credit card.
How do I play online roulette for real money?
To play for real money, you need to register at a safe online casino. From there, you look for the banking methods and select which one is most suitable for you to use.
Can I play free roulette?
Yes, you can play online roulette for free. However playing for free means that you will not be able to win any real money rewards. Furthermore, should you make a lot of money while playing for free, you will not be able to withdraw it.
Can I play roulette with bonuses?
Absolutely, you can play with bonuses. However, make sure that read the terms and conditions. And please take note to adhere to all the wagering requirements. We advise that you do not accept any bonuses before you read the fine print in order to avoid any disappointments.
How much should I use to place a bet when playing online roulette?
The amount of money that you place on bet totally depends on the amount of money that you want to play with. This is a game of chance, and due to that fact, you may either lose all your money or win it all. However, the more money that you place on the bet, the more money you are most likely going to get out it, should you win that is.
What are the best deposit methods for Canadian players when playing online roulette?
When it comes to deposit methods or banking methods in general, most Canadian players prefer to use e-Walllets. This is because they are easy to use, have low fees and most allow Canadian players to use them.
Do I have to download software to play roulette online?
In order for you play, you may need to download the software to your device. However, you can play using the no download option, when you play straight from the site.
What is the House edge when playing online roulette?
Online roulette has a house edge of ± 5.26%
Is roulette online rigged?
No, it’s not rigged. The wins are created by the use of a Random Number Generator. An algorithm that creates the winning combinations as you play. Furthermore, online casino games are audited for fairness very often to avoid any aspects of being rigged.