If you want to learn how to play video poker then you are on the right page. Video Poker is one of the most popular online casino games, this is because the game requires no skill at all. However, despite this fact, there are still a few who have no idea how to play video poker. That is why we have come with a very easy How to play video poker guide so that we can all the simplify the game. By learning how to play video poker from this simple guide you can win real money. That being said, take a few minutes to go The best How To Play Video Poker Guide to find out all there is to the game of video poker.
Objective Of Video Poker
Before we get to the how to play video poker part, we need to make sure that you are well aware of the objective of this online casino game. That way when you do play, you know what it that you should aim for. The objective of video poker is to get to create the highest ranked 5-card poker possible.
Video Poker Hands
Knowing how to play video poker means that you need to be aware of the poker. As you noted that objective of the game is to get the highest 5- card poker hand. And if you do not know the poker hands and this cannot be done. That being said, in this how to play video poker guide, we will take a few minutes to illustrate the poker hands.
- Royal Flush: Ace, King, Queen, Jack, 10 (all of the same suit)
- Straight Flush: 5 cards in consecutive of the same suit. 3; 4; 5; 6; 7 all of hearts.
- 4 of a kind: 4 cards of the same value and any other card. e.g 3, 3, 3, 3,10
- Full House: 3 cards of the same value and a pair. e.g 2, 2, 2, 4, ,4
- Flush: Any 5 cards, in no particular order but of the same suit. e.g 8; 6; 4; 2; 10
- Straight: 5 consecutive cards, of different suits. e.g 3 of hearts, 4 of spades, 5 of diamonds, 6 of three leaves, 7 of hearts
- 3 of a Kind: any 3 cards of the same value, and any other 2 cards. e.g 2, 2, 2, 5, 9
- 2 pair: 2 sets of pairs and 1 other random card. e.g 3, 3, 4, 4, 8
- Jacks or Better: any single pair that has Jacks or higher.
These are the basic poker hands that players need to know before they learn how to play video poker.
On the top of the screen, there will be the Paytable. Players need to take a few minutes to study it before they play to find out the payouts with each poker hand.
How to Play Video Poker
- Look for a legit/ safe online casino
- Players need to either log in/ register if they want to play for real money. If they want to play free online video poker, they just need to look for the game.
- Click on the game. Players should make sure that they know which version of video poker that they are playing.
- If you are playing for free, simply click “Deal/ Draw” to begin to play
- If you are playing for real money you will need to buy chips.
- You will then need to place your bet. Usually to the left of the screen, there will be buttons marked “Cash Out and “Bet One Credit”. Click these buttons to place your bet. If you place the max bet, click “Max Bet” on the tight of the screen.
- 5 cards will then be dealt to the player. And in the center, there will be 5 buttons. Each will be in line with a card dealt. The buttons are written “Hold/Cancel”. Players use these buttons if they want to keep or change a card respectively.
- Click “Deal/ Draw” after you have made up your mind as to which cards you want to keep and which cards you want to discard.
- The cards will then be changed and these will make up the final hand of the player.
- The game then notifies you if you have lost or won the game.
How to Play Video Poker Conclusion
To conclude, learning how to play video poker is simple. All that you need to is to make sure that you know which version of the game you are playing. Additionally, you need to make sure that you know all of the classic poker hands. While you may not need to use them as you play some versions of video poker, there is no harm in learning them. As soon s you do that, you will find that learning how to play video poker as easy as ABC. and in time you will be playing video poker like a pro at all the top real money video poker casinos Canada.
How To Play Video Poker FAQs
Which video poker game has the best odds?
There are so many video poker variations on the internet and they all have their own odds and advantages. However, we really think that Deuces Wild is the video poler variation with the best odds. However, in order to benefit from this, you will have to make use of the best strategy on the full-pay version.
In fact, this will give you a slight advantage over the house. One other thing that you should note is that you will begin benefiting from this advantage after you have played a number of hands.
Do you play video poker the same way you play real-life poker?
The two versions have the same name. however, they are different. When you play video poker, you play alone. This is now the case with Poker as you play against other players. Also, the later version looks a lot like slots and not Poker.
In order to play both versions, you will still need to have the basic skills, as well as know the rules that apply to each version.
Can I play online video poker for free?
Yes, you can. Most online casino sites in Canada will let you play the demo versions of all games. In the case of video Poker, it will give you the chance to learn how to play video Poker.
Not only that, but you also get the chance to try out different Poker versions, as well as test all strategies before you choose the one that works best for you.
What is the best video poker game to play?
As mentioned above, there are so many video poker variations. For that reason, it’s not easy choosing a variation to start with. However, it seems most new players start by playing Jacks or Better. This is because it’s the most common variation.
However, over time, the players will end up choosing Deuces Wild because of the reasons mentioned earlier. All the same, we suggest that you try out all variations so that you can choose the one that works best for you.
How can I win at video poker online?
First of all, you will have to test all strategies and then make sure that you use a video Poker strategy that gives you the most wins. Other than that, there is really no guarantee that you will win at Poker.
Remember, online casinos use RNGs and so, no one really knows how things are going to turn out as you play. Remember, slow and methodical play always works better, all the time.